Tuesday, April 3, 2012

That's one spicy meatball!

  

...but only because I added a lot of crushed red pepper.  I'm telling you, it's probably in my top five spices.  Followed by chipotle pepper, salt, garlic, and thyme.  What are yours?

     I followed this recipe from Cooking Light entitled Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs.  This was about the easiest thing in the world.  Boil pasta, chop onions, saute with (jarred) red sauce, brown meatballs, done.

     Well, actually, it was a little more than that, there's some combining and a little prep work involved, but this was as close to a 30-minute meal as I've ever come--save microwaving anything.  I apologize for the lack of photos, this recipe breezes by just that fast.  The trick to these meatballs being so dang flavorful is that they're made with Italian turkey sausage, rather than plain old ground whatever.  I, of course, jazzed it up with about 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper.

     So after you form the meatballs, you brown them on all sides, and remove from the pan.  Then in go the onions and garlic, followed by the jarred sauce (I like Ragu brand, garlic, onion, and olive oil flavor).  Then you put the meatballs back in to finish cooking and boil your pasta.  The whole thing gets plated less than 10 minutes later.  Garnish with grated parmesan and torn basil leaves.  Here's a close up in case your salivary glands need some work:


No comments:

Post a Comment